Everybody always asks me what products I use for myself. So, I thought it would be helpful to create a favorites page of links with a list of all the products that I use and recommend. These products have greatly enhanced my health. I will keep adding to this list as I discover more beneficial products.
I take many supplements to enhance my health and well being. All of these are of pharmaceutical grade and are from quality companies. These companies have been around for a long time. I use a lot of supplements from the company, LifeExtension. I use their products because, through my experience, I have found that they have some of the best and highest quality products on the market. I also like Jarrow Formulas and Jigsaw Health. I don’t expect everyone to take all the supplements listed below. If you are a zealous supplement taker, then go for it. If not, and you are just looking to cover your individual needs, pick and choose as necessary. If you are just trying to cover some basic supplement needs for a healthy start, I would suggest taking the following from the list below: the One-Per-Day Tablets, the Jarro-Dophilus Probiotic, the Super Ubiquinol CoQ10, the Super-Bio Curcumin, the Super Omega 3, and if you’re a male, add the Ultra Natural Prostate support.
- LifeExtension Mix Tablets: Why I love it: This is an all inclusive vitamin, antioxidant and mineral. If I’m going on a trip and I only have room and time to take just one bottle of something, this is the bottle I take. These are taken nine a day. Three with each meal. These tablets contain everything you need. The only problem is you have to take nine a day. If you can do that, then I really recommend this product. I use these tablets on and off. When it isn’t convenient to take nine per day, I take the one-per-day tablets instead.
- LifeExtension One-Per-Day Tablets: Why I love it: It is a great product even when compared to the mix tablets. It has all the vitamins and minerals, but not the same amount of nutrients as the mix tablets. Also you only have to take one a day compared to nine a day – this is much more convenient.
- LifeExtension Vitamin D3: This is shown to be beneficial for cardiovascular support and also bone support.
- Jigsaw Magnesium: Why I love it: I think people should be taking magnesium for a whole host of reasons, but mainly it supports cardiovascular health. One downside of most magnesium products is that they can cause loose stools (diarrhea). What is really great about the magnesium that I use from Jigsaw is that it does not cause loose stools. :)
- LifeExtension Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes: Why I love it: If you have any difficulty with digestion this will help and it’s also an anti-inflammatory.
- LifeExtension Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Fruit Extract: Why I love it: Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for building cell membranes and maintaining the connection of cells. They also reduce inflammation. Humans cannot produce Omega-3 internally. This product also has olive oil so you are basically getting the combination of Omega-3 and olive oil which is part of the Mediterranean diet and significantly reduces your cardiovascular risk.
- LifeExtension Super Bio-Curcumin: Why I love it: It’s an anti-inflammatory. There are free radicals in our bodies which destroy antioxidants. This is a very strong antioxidant which reduces inflammation. Inflammation causes disease, arthritis, coronary disease, etc. If the endothelium becomes inflamed it can block an artery and cause the death of an organ. This Curcumin has significant absorption compared to other products. Curcumin is poorly absorbed in the body, so with this product I know that it is getting absorbed. It has BCM which enhances absorption seven times better then conventional Curcumin.
- LifeExtension Natural Stress Relief: Why I love it: It promotes a healthy response to stress. It takes the edge off without any side-effects. It also enhances your mood. It contains lemon balm which is a natural relaxant.
- LifeExtension Melatonin: Why I love it: It’s a natural way to promote sleep and it lowers your blood pressure. This comes in a small dose of 1mg. I don’t take any more then 1 mg per night. I take it 30 minutes before I go to sleep.
- Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus EPS, Enhanced Probiotics System: Why I love it: I use this product because it does not need refrigeration and is packaged in great little blister packs, which makes it very convenient to take it with you wherever you go. Probiotics enhance your immune system. In your gut you have good and bad bacteria. When under stress you accumulate bad bacteria which lowers your immunity. When you take probiotics it enhances your immunity.
- LifeExtension Optimized Resveratrol with Synergistic Grape-Berry Actives: Why I love it: It is known to support anti-aging.
- LifeExtension Ultra Natural Prostate with ApresFlex and Standardized Lignans: Why I love it: It helps support prostate health. It has all the key ingredients for prostate health. One thing I really like about it is that it contains beta-sitosterol, which can help lower your cholesterol.
- LifeExtension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10: Why I love it: It gives mitochondrial and muscle support. It restores and sustains your cellular energy.
- LifeExtension Arthromax with Theaflavins: Why I love it: I take it because it promotes joint and cartilage health and its an anti-inflammatory. It really helps my joints.
- LifeExtension L-Carnitine: Why I love it: It supports artery health.
- LifeExtension L-Arginine Caps: Why I love it: It’s a precursor to nitric oxide production – nitric oxide helps prevent hardening of the arteries. It supports endothelial function (lining of the arteries).
- Axia3 Antacid: Why I love it: It offers fast heartburn relief, it’s a great prodigestive enzyme and it’s also a breath freshener. It comes in a box, in a tin and in a roll – I get all three.
- Bach Rescue Remedy Pastilles, Black Currant: Why I love it: These are natural stress relievers and have a soothing taste. It comes in a great package which is very easy and fun to open and close.
- V8 Vegetable Juice, Low Sodium 5.5 ounce can: Why I love it: It has 700 mg of potassium which helps support cardiovascular health. Large and small cans are available. I get the small cans; they are convenient and portable.
- Wild Planet Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless: Why I love it: Wild Planet is a very good company recommended by many top chefs. This Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3, It supports cardiovascular health and is also an anti-inflammatory. I like the wild caught because it has a lower level of contaminants and it tastes great.
- Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna, Minimal Mercury: Why I love it: It has very low mercury content. It taste good and has a lot of omega 3. It’s a great way to get omega-3 from food. You don’t even have to cook it. Just open the can and eat it. Or you can add a little Vegenaise put it in the Vitamix blender and you have a delicious, healthy tuna salad.
- Organic Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise: Why I love it: It’s made by a company called follow your heart. They have several kinds of Vegenaise made with different oils. I like the grapeseed version because grapeseed is an anti-inflammatory and it helps to maintain healthy platelet function – protects the blood from clotting. Any of the Vegenaise versions are good because it is a lot better then using regular mayonnaise. You can order the original version on Amazon or you can pick up the grapeseed version at your local health food market.
- Eco Planet Organics Gluten Free Instant Hot Cereal: Why I love it: It’s high in fiber. It’s gluten free. It has all the grains you need. It tastes great and it’s easy to make in the microwave. It reduces cholesterol and supports prevention of colon cancer and inflammation of the bowel. I have it for breakfast on a daily basis. See my video about what I eat for breakfast every day.
- Vitamix Blender: Why I love it: This blender is fantastic. It gives me many ways to create juices, soups and meals to enhance health. I use it with my cans of Wild Planet salmon and tuna. I throw in some Vegenaise and make a salmon mousse or tuna spread. The Vitamix is a little pricey, but it is well worth it. It is significantly better then any other blender I have ever used. I use it every day. There are several models. I use the Vitamix 5200 Standard. Use the code below when placing your order and you’ll get FREE shipping and handling. Code= 06-007933
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful for me. Please only buy these products if you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.